Thursday, March 29, 2012

Etsy sellers and their buyers

Today I recieved my order from HeavenlyFiber, this is also a very nice seller as almost all of them are. That I have been in contact with that is. Later, today hopefully, I will post about my order, it's amazing as usual ;)

With my package I recieved a sample to the upcoming Phat fiber box, the theme for the box is tea party. If you have never heard of Phat fiber box here are some links to guide you. Ravelry page and http://www.phatfiber.com/

Anyway, this Christmas I found Phat fiber box by a coincidence. I was thinking about learning to spin my own yarn and was looking for information about the subject on Ravelry. And in the Phat fiber group a whole new world came to life. First of all, I love indie dyers. They are truly artists with a lot drive and soul. Most of the ones I have come across are really friendly and accommodating, they will do what's in their power to make you happy and give you what you want. The indie dyers have different kinds of talents in the same area and if you follow a few of their styles you can learn to recognize their work.

But the ting I was interested in talking about this time is the amount of "extras" you get in an order. This may not occur among all of the indie dyers but some of them will include something for you. My thought about this is not only do the indie sellers work hard for the money they earn from customers they also, sometimes, surprise you with a little gift. How many bigger, corporate companies does this? I dare to say almost none of them.

For example, I was in contact with one of my favorite dyers in the US, I will not mention names but her yarn will be featured in upcoming blog posts. In our contact I mentioned I've been having trouble reciveing her phat fiber contributions when snagging a box and her reply was: If you don't get one this time I'll send it because sometimes I have extras. Again with this super nice and friendly accommodation and to me this is truly amazing and the Etsy sellers deserves all the praise they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment